Treasuring the belief, commitment, and sacrifice evident in the lives of our forebearers from Holy Saviour, Immaculate Conception of Lourdes, and Saint John Fisher Parishes, we affirm our Roman Catholic Faith in Christ Jesus who defines our identity and mission.
We gather as a family to be nourished by our Risen Saviour at the Eucharistic table of His Word and His Body and Blood, with hearts sustained by the graces of the Trinity communicated through the sacraments.
Called by the Holy Spirit to a discipleship animated by prayer, worship, pastoral outreach, and faith formation, we strive to welcome, witness to, transform, and serve the greater community as a beacon of inspiration and truth. We offer our minds, hearts, and efforts to God through stewardship of time, talent, and treasure.
Our future relies upon the grace of God, His Providence and committing ourselves to His Holy Will. Hope Abounds that this and generations to come will live saintly lives reflecting the joyous example of our patrons, Saint John Fisher and Mary, our Mother, upon whose prayers we humbly depend.
St. John Fisher Five-Year Pastoral Plan
(Updated May 2018)
Liturgy and Worship Goal: To enrich our spiritual lives through an increased devotional life of the parish and full participation of the community.
1) Insert a communal prayer for vocations at the conclusion of the Prayer of the Faithful
2) To investigate opportunities for student (college-age) cantors
3) Conduct the Forty Hours Devotion in the Fall
Community Goal: To further parish identity and increase participation through social functions
1) To sponsor a parish appreciation dinner for volunteers
2) To sponsor multi-generational parish socials and trips to build community such as pilgrimage to shrines in Washington DC
3) To initiate a Welcoming Committee
Pastoral Outreach Goal: To continue and expand outreach for the needy residents in the parish area
1) To establish a monthly cooking program to prepare foods for Aid for Friends meals
2) To establish a Helping Hands Ministry to support the needs of seniors
3) To find opportunities for youth and family service projects
Faith Formation Goal: To develop a spirit and knowledge of the New Evangelization and integrate this in the life of the parish
1) To investigate and evaluate successful youth ministry programs
2) To promote family faith formation and vocations through programs like the ChristLife Series on the New Evangelization
3) To explore and implement a New Evangelization Committee and Programs
4) To begin a seasonal daytime bible study program
Stewardship Goal: To educate and encourage responsible stewardship to ensure an active and financially stable parish
1) To conduct and implement a parish buildings’ evaluation and plan for the future
2) To conduct a Capital Campaign for the balance of funds for the church remodeling project