Saturday: Vigil Mass - 4:00PM
Sunday: 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM, and 11:30 AM
Daily: Monday through Friday: 7:30AM, Chapel
Holy Days: 7:00PM Vigil, 9:00AM, and 7:00PM
Eucharistic Adoration: Monday: 9:00AM – Noon (Chapel)
Children’s Liturgy of the Word: Sunday 11:30 AM
September through May
The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available on Saturday from 3:00 - 3:45 PM in the Church, or by appointment with the Pastor.
Church Renovations Completed
HEALTHY HABITS FOR CHURCH: Due to the news about the spread of the flu and corona viruses, we'd like to get ahead of the trend and suggest the following healthy habits for church:
- If you or someone else in your home, is sick, please stay home. Sick people are excused from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass.
- When you enter Church, please refrain from handshakes and hugs.
- At the Sign of Peace, a nod to your neighbor can replace the traditional handshake.
- All Eucharistic Ministers should use hand sanitizer or slip into the Sacristy to wash their hands before distributing Communion.
- For the time being, we will offer the Eucharist only in the form of the host. No shared cup.
- Remember, wash your hand frequently after being in a public place, including church. We want nothing more than your good health!
LENT AT ST. JOHN FISHER: There are a number of ways to prepare for Easter at St. John Fisher!
- Stations of the Cross will be held each Friday evening at 7:00 p.m. in the Church.
- Eucharistic Adoration is held on Mondays, following the 7:30 a.m. Mass in the Chapel, until noon.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available on Saturday, from 3:00-3:45 in the Church.
- Penance Service will be held on Monday, March 23, at 7:00 p.m. in the Church. Multiple priests will be available to hear Confessions that evening.
- Beginning March 16, the Cenacle of Mary will be held in the Chapel at 1:15, lasting about 45 minutes. Join this group for prayer, including the Rosary.
- "Finding the Eucharist in Sacred Scripture" is a daytime spiritual study that meets on Thursday mornings at 10:15 a.m. in the Parish Center conference room. All are welcome
ASH WEDNESDAY IS FEBRUARY 26: Ash Wednesday begins Lent, the season of prayer, penance, sacrifice, and good works. St. John Fisher will hold Masses at 9:00 a.m., 4:30 p.m., and 7:00 p.m. There will be no 7:30 a.m. Mass on February 26. While not a holy day of obligation, all are encouraged to attend Mass and receive ashes.
HOLY FAMILY REGIONAL CATHOLIC SCHOOL - ANNUAL APPEAL: Holy Family offers a high quality Catholic education for the children of our parish. The 2020 Annual Appeal is now underway. The money raised helps bridge the gap between tuition revenue and the expenses of running the school. Priorities in this year's budget include: facility upgrades and preventive maintenance; student and faculty enrichment; performing arts programs; security upgrades; and the establishment of an Endowment Fund. If you received a Catholic education, you know the value of supporting our school. Help them reach their $20,000 goal! Please consider making a donation to the "Holy Family 2020 Appeal" by mailing a check to 3265 Concord Road, Aston, PA 19014.
CATHOLICPHILLY.COM PROFILES ST. JOHN FISHER PARISH RENOVATIONS: A nice article, with a photo slide show, was written and posted on the Archdiocese' website, CatholicPhilly.com. Here's a link: https://catholicphilly.com/2019/12/news/local-news/parish-rebuilds-70s-style-church-unites-delco-catholics/
KNIGHT OF COLUMBUS SEAFOOD SALE: The Knights of Columbus Council 13710 is again offering Capt'n Chucky's award winning Crab Cakes, Crab Fritters, and Maryland Crab Soup for sale during Lent. Each week, the order is placed by 10:45 a.m. on Monday, with pick up in the Parish Center Hall on Friday afternoon between 3-6:00 p.m. The last week to order is March 30. Place your orders after Mass, give them with payment, to any Knight, or drop by the Parish Business Office with your order. Proceeds benefit the charitable works of the Knights.
Friday: 8:30am – 2:30pm
Saturday: 10:00am – 1:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am – 1:00pm