Tuition Angel Financial Assistance Program
Holy Family School and SJF PREP
We believe that everyone in our parish should have the opportunity to benefit from a Catholic education – whether it is via Catholic school or through our Parish Religious Education Program (PREP). Our Tuition Angel Financial Assistance Program is central to our mission. When someone loses a job, when medical bills become overwhelming, or when other challenging situations arise, people need the support of their fellow parishioners. The Tuition Angel program offers a fee scale to fit the financial situation of individuals in our parish community. In order to be eligible for this program, families are expected to be active parishioners who attend Mass each Sunday and on Holy Days, contribute to the life of the parish, and live a sacramental life as per the Precepts of the Church.
Tuition Angel pplications for the 2017-2018 school year will be accepted in the spring 2017 through October 4, 2017.
How Do I Get Assistance?
1. Click the following link to download the TUITION ANGEL APPLICATION or stop into the PREP or Parish Office for an application.
2. Provide the required information. In order for your application to be processed, you must attach copies of the following items to your completed application. Your application will be processed only if the application is complete and the required items are attached:
- Copies of the most recent tax returns (1040 or 1040 EZ) for everyone living in the household
- The last two paycheck stubs of everyone in your household who is working
- Proof of Social Security or Social Security Disability Income, if applicable
- Proof of any other sources of income, if applicable (e.g., unemployment compensation, food stamps, etc.)
3. Please allow 10 days to process your application. After this period, a parish representative will contact you with approval or to request more information if necessary.
If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by calling the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-0922. If you did not file taxes last year, or if you don’t have other required documentation, please submit a letter explaining your personal financial situation.
Note: If required documentation is not provided, it will delay the process.
How Long Will the Assistance Continue?
Assistance is provided for one school year, and you will need to re-apply each year as necessary. If your circumstances change before the time period is up, please let us know so we may serve others.
Why Does St. John Fisher Parish Require Financial Information?
With information on income and family size, we can award assistance in a fair and consistent manner. We use these procedures to ensure that everyone receives equal consideration.
Who Will See the Financial Information?
Personal financial information is handled in a confidential manner and will be reviewed only by the St. John Fisher professional staff. No information is shared with any other agency or organization.
Who Provides Funding for the Tuition Angel Financial Assistance Program?
The Financial Assistance Program is possible through the generosity of donors to our Tuition Angel Fund. All money raised goes directly to provide assistance through our Tuition Angel Financial Assistance Program.