How to Apply for a Tuition Angel grant
Holy Family School and Saint John Fisher PREP
We believe that everyone in our parish should have the opportunity to benefit from a Catholic education – whether it is a Holy Family Regional School or through our Parish Religious Education Program (PREP). Our Tuition Angel Financial Assistance Program is central to our mission. Based on the funds available, a Tuition Angel grant reduces the tuition of your child/children relative to the financial situation of the family. In order to be eligible for this program, families must be registered in the parish, be active parishioners who attend Mass each Sunday and on Holy Days, contribute to the life of the parish, and live a sacramental life according to the precepts of the Church. Only children who attend Holy Family Regional School or Saint John Fisher PREP are eligible for Tuition Angel grants.
Tuition Angel applications for the 2018-19 school year will be accepted beginning May 1, 2018 through October 1, 2018.
One-year grants are made in the fall of the school year. Please follow the school or PREP program tuition payment schedule to begin the school year. A Tuition Angel Grant will result in a reduction of the tuition due for the remainder of the year.
How do I apply for assistance?
1. Download and print the TUITION ANGEL APPLICATION, or contact the Office of Religious Education, 610-485-0441, extension 5, to request an application.
2. Fill out the application completely and attach copies of the following items to the completed form. Please place everything in an envelope and return it to the Parish Office by October 1. To be considered for assistance, the application must be complete and the documentation requested below must be attached.
- Copies of the most recent tax returns (1040 or 1040 EZ) for everyone living in the household. If you do not have a copy of your tax return, you may obtain one by calling the Internal Revenue Service at 1-800-829-0922.
- The last two paycheck stubs of everyone in your household who is working
- Proof of Social Security or Social Security Disability Income, if applicable
- Proof of any other sources of income, if applicable (e.g., unemployment compensation, food stamps, etc.)
- If you did not file taxes last year, or if you don’t have other required documentation, please submit a letter explaining your personal financial situation.
3. Applications will be reviewed by the end of October. Every applicant will be notified by mail, whether or not they have received tuition assistance. Tuition Angel grant result in a reduction of the tuition rate you pay to either school or the PREP program.
How long will the assistance continue?
Tuition Angel grants are for one school year. You will need to re-apply each year as necessary. If your circumstances change between the time your apply and the time that grants are awarded, please let us know so that we may serve others.
Why does Saint John Fisher Parish require financial information?
With information on income and family size, we can award assistance in a fair and consistent manner. We use these procedures to ensure that everyone receives equal consideration.
Who will see the financial information?
Personal financial information is handled in a confidential manner and will be reviewed by the pastor and professional staff. No information is shared with any other agency or organization.